Created from a bequest from Margaret T. Craig to reward, promote and encourage youth to be involved in their community.
- Be an undergraduate college student of at least freshman status;
- Have a permanent address in Winnebago County;
- Demonstrate through their community involvement, a strong commitment to improving the quality of life for people in their school, community and county;
- Have completed at least 50 hours of community service while in college; and
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75/4.0.
Students may reapply for this scholarship in subsequent years.
Discuss your community service experience and the impact it has had on you. Consider how it's affected your personal goals and opinions, and why you intend to continue being involved in your community.