For Community Grants:
As part of CFNIL’s commitment to making our grantmaking process as simple as possible, we’ve introduced the Budget Template for Grantseekers. The Budget Template captures the proposal budget, while automatically making calculations to inform our Grant Reviewers.
For the Blanche Martin Mini Grant, Club Blue, In Youth We Trust, and Neighborhood Grant Program, use the budget template found on the individual grant program page.
A few notes:
Applicants are only able to write in blue cells. Everything else is locked.
- Cells A1 to A4 capture your organization’s name, the proposal title, the grant cycle and the date.
- Cells C8 to E8 capture the amount your organization is requesting from CFNIL per year. (Leave cells D8 and E8 blank if submitting a single year request.)
- Cells B9 to B17 refer to other sources of income that will fund your proposal, while cells C9 to E17 capture the amount requested from these sources/year. (If CFNIL is the sole source of funding for your proposal, leave these cells blank.)
- Cells C9 to C17 refer to the status of your proposal. The options available in these cells are “estimated,” “requested,” “pledged,” or “received”. For more information about the definitions of each status, please refer to the bottom of the Budget Template.
- Proposal budgets using the CFNIL Budget Template must be uploaded to the CFNIL Web Portal as a PDF. To learn how to convert your Excel document to a PDF, please visit this Microsoft Support page.
For your convenience, CFNIL has provided a sample proposal budget and sample proposal narrative.