To be eligible for funding, an applicant must:
- Be part of a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit agency, public institution (such as a school), and/or organized group carrying out a charitable purpose for the public good.
- Operate within Boone, Ogle, Stephenson and/or Winnebago County.
- Be a group that is primarily made up of members who are 19 years of age or younger.
- Propose a project that is planned and implemented by youth.
- Involve youth in every aspect of the grant process – writing the application, participating in applicant interviews, implementing the project, and participating in any grant check presentation for their organization.
- Be operated and organized so that there is no discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran’s status, disability, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Priority will be given to collaborative projects.