To provide educational resources to Hononegah High School soccer players who have put in extra work on and off the field that has resulted in the betterment of their team and community.
- Be a graduating high school senior from Hononegah High School*;
- Have played on the Hononegah High School soccer team for at least three years, including their senior year;
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; and
- Exemplify outstanding community service.
* Transfer students are eligible. The Hegel Family Soccer Scholarship will be awarded to one man and one woman each year.
Considering the background and criteria of this scholarship, why are you the best candidate? Your response should discuss your involvement in community service.
The Hegel Family–parents John and Betsy and children Scott and Emily– is pleased to be able to offer this scholarship to a deserving member of the Hononegah High School soccer community. Soccer is very important to the Hegel family, particularly Scott and Emily each of whom began playing for the Hononegah Lions club team and played throughout high school, leading their high school teams to lots of success in their careers. John and Betsy had supporting roles throughout their children’s soccer career and were rewarded with many great memories. Soccer has provided a lot of joy for the Hegel family and they are pleased to be able to give back by offering a scholarship that will recognize two individuals (one male, one female) who are leaders on their teams and in the community.