Deadline: The McGee Scholarship will not be accepting applications in the 2018-2019 scholarship cycle.
To provide educational resources to well-rounded students from Winnebago County entering technology fields.
- Be a permanent resident of Winnebago County;
- Be a current college freshman;
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0;
- Must be enrolled in a field of study related to technology, such as computer science, engineering, or applied sciences;
- Participate in a number of extracurricular and community activities; and
- Have an EFC of less than 10,000.
Preference will be given to students attending a college or university in the state of Illinois or a military academy.
- The scholarship will be renewed at the same yearly amount for up to two additional years if the recipient has a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 at the end of each year and continues to major in an appropriate technology field.
- In order to receive subsequent year awards, recipients are required to submit a progress report and transcript at the end of the year. The progress report will include a self-evaluation of what they have learned and how they anticipate benefitting from the next year of coursework. The report should be a maximum of 500 words in length.
- Eligible incumbent students will be given priority for scholarship awards. No new scholarships will be awarded until all eligible incumbent students have been awarded renewals and additional funds remain.
Taking into consideration the background and criteria of this scholarship, why are you the best candidate to receive it? You may want to discuss your past academic or personal achievements, leadership skills, community and school involvement, or obstacles you’ve overcome.