The Vietnam Veterans of America’s mission is to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam veterans. The VVA:
- Supports and advocates on issues important to veterans.
- Seeks full access to quality healthcare for veterans.
- Holds government agencies accountable for following laws mandating veterans healthcare.
- Creates a positive public perception of Vietnam veterans.
- Seeks the fullest possible accounting of America’s POW/MIAs.
- Supports the next generation of America’s war veterans.
- Serves our communities.
“Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another.”
-Be a direct descendant of a Vietnam veteran and must provide a copy of the DD Form 214 when completing the application;
- Live in Winnebago or Boone County, or be the direct descendent of a veteran who is an active member of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 984;
- Have a minimum GPA of at least 2.5/4.0; and
- Be a high school graduate or a graduating high school senior.
Two scholarship awards will be made each year—one to a male and one to a female. The scholarship is non-renewable, but past applicants may reapply.
You can request a copy of the DD Form 214 here: https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records