Soil and Water Stewardship Scholarship
To provide educational resources for students pursuing a degree in a natural resource field.
- Be a graduating high school senior or high school graduate (diploma or G.E.D. certificate);
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in full-time course of study at an accredited two- or four-year community college, college or university;
- Be enrolled in a natural resource field such as fish or wildlife biology, conservation or management, air quality, botany, conservation education, ecology, forestry, hydrology, soils, pollution control or water quality;
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; and
- Have their permanent address in Boone, Cook, Dekalb, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, Will or Winnebago Counties.
This scholarship does not have an online application. For more information, contact the scholarship administrator at the Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District at 815-965-2392 or NEILStewardship@gmail.com.
This scholarship was formerly known as the Leopold Education Project Scholarship. Funding for this scholarship was made available from the Leopold Education Project, an educational program based on the works of noted conservationist and author Aldo Leopold. Leopold’s philosophy and land ethic created a foundation for modern conservation.
Would you like to support the Soil and Water Stewardship Scholarship? You can make a donation directly to this fund, to help grow its impact and ability to provide educational resources for students in our community — forever!