La Voz Latina Scholarship
To provide educational resources to students of Hispanic descent.
- Be of Hispanic descent;
- Be a resident of Winnebago, Boone, Stephenson or Jo Daviess Counties;
- Be classified as a graduating senior by the time award is granted and be enrolled at an accredited college or university in order to receive funds; and
- Must maintain a 2.5 scholastic average or equivalent.
1. Academic achievements which indicate a high potential for success in post-secondary education (includes review of transcripts, ACT/SAT scores, scholastic achievements and awards.
2. Level of involvement in school and community activities.
3. Completed description of projected financial needs as stated in part 2 of application.
4. Strength of essay written for application. (Limit of two pages with a legible font no smaller than 10pt, double spaced).
5. Submission of at least two letters of recommendation. (3-4 are encouraged). At least one of the letters must be written by a teacher, school counselor or administrator.
6. Scholarship winners will be expected to submit a suitable photo and attend YWCA Northwestern Illinois’ Leader Luncheon, held annually in March, in Rockford.
To apply for the La Voz Latina Scholarship, click here.
Questions? Contact the YWCA’s Fund Development & Marketing Coordinator Kelli Johnson.
Would you like to support the La Voz Latina Scholarship? You can make a donation directly to this fund, to help grow its impact and ability to provide educational resources for students in our community — forever!